Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What type of Magician are you?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ImpossiBill
Rocking Member
Rocking Member
ImpossiBill

Male
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-03-17

What type of Magician are you? Empty
PostSubject: What type of Magician are you?   What type of Magician are you? EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 10:41 pm

i was just curious as to how advanced every here is and what kind of magic is your favorite. this way it will better help me know what to post if i need to post more beginner stuff or some harder things. and i will also know what styles of magic you like. so i guess ill go first to let you know some about me.

ive been doing magic for many years but mainly only performing since the end of 2006. my 3 favorite things to play with would be cards, sponge balls, and money (usually bill switches). i am probably best with my misdirection and being able to talk my way through a trick. i perform every day at school and home and on the streets with my good buddy cheaptrick Very Happy and my name is Bill Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cheaptrick
PRO Member
PRO Member
Cheaptrick

Male
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: What type of Magician are you?   What type of Magician are you? EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 9:52 am

Well, I like using cards, I like tnrs, acrs and such, and coin routines, like 3 fly variations, silver dream, etc.
Back to top Go down
VOID
Legendry
Legendry

Male
Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: What type of Magician are you?   What type of Magician are you? EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 10:06 am

I'm an intermidiate level mentalist. I don't use cards, but I do enjoy playing with the mind. I perform things similar to Luke Jermay's, Kenton Knepper's, Sean Fields', and Derren Brown's.
Back to top Go down
ImpossiBill
Rocking Member
Rocking Member
ImpossiBill

Male

PostSubject: Re: What type of Magician are you?   What type of Magician are you? EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 11:11 am

thats cool i dont really do much menalism maybe 1 or 2 tricks here and there, i will start to learn some from this site though, its always good to better your arsonal
Back to top Go down
VOID
Legendry
Legendry

Male

PostSubject: Re: What type of Magician are you?   What type of Magician are you? EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 11:29 am

The thing that I love so much about mentalism is that you can use it wherever, whenever. You don't need any silly props or even a deck of cards, just some simple (or harder) mind control techniques.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Rocking Member
Rocking Member
The Joker

Male
Number of posts : 123
Job/hobbies : Magic and xcm

PostSubject: Re: What type of Magician are you?   What type of Magician are you? EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 5:57 pm

I am a very good card magician even though i have only been doing it for a short time i am able to pick up magic very quickly and naturally i can usually get a trick within a couple of hours or if it is simple minutes currently i am working on trying to find every method i possibly can to control a card i have been payed many times to perform at events as a strolling magician i do perform street magic and i also do sponge balls and a little bit of coins but i cant stand destroying cards
Back to top Go down
ImpossiBill
Rocking Member
Rocking Member
ImpossiBill

Male

PostSubject: Re: What type of Magician are you?   What type of Magician are you? EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 7:00 pm

i recently just started destroying cards, i havent been a big fan of performing it (very fun to watch) and i dont do much of it. just like occasionally signing a card or folding a card. i have one little TnR i do. it just makes the trick better i feel because a signature on a card just makes the spectator feel like the trick is even more "real"
Back to top Go down
Cheaptrick
PRO Member
PRO Member
Cheaptrick

Male
Number of posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: What type of Magician are you?   What type of Magician are you? EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 7:26 pm

I have no problem destroying a card, unless its like a ghost or something similiar
Back to top Go down
ImpossiBill
Rocking Member
Rocking Member
ImpossiBill

Male

PostSubject: Re: What type of Magician are you?   What type of Magician are you? EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 7:58 pm

im starting to do it more often just because i have SO many old decks, i never throw away a deck after i wear it out i use them to practice. but i just hate having like 45 cards in a deck.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Rocking Member
Rocking Member
The Joker

Male
Number of posts : 123
Job/hobbies : Magic and xcm

PostSubject: Re: What type of Magician are you?   What type of Magician are you? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 4:05 pm

i use a deck until it is so worm out i can barely pull off my best trick then i through it out because i just cant use it for anything except for practicing TnR's but i dont like those so i just toss em out
Back to top Go down
ImpossiBill
Rocking Member
Rocking Member
ImpossiBill

Male

PostSubject: Re: What type of Magician are you?   What type of Magician are you? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 6:31 pm

i use them to just practice any trick after their worn. or i will use them for palming or signing cards (practicing palm tricks over and over bends them)
Back to top Go down
sundeep
Legendry
Legendry
sundeep

Male
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Performing MAGIC
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: What type of Magician are you?   What type of Magician are you? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 10:28 pm

As you know. I am a very new to magic. It is very difficult for me to perform magic. But I have tried. I only perform magic for the ppl who I think they are my ppl. And I also perform magic only when they asked me to perform. I dont perform on street. In India it looks really really wierd carrying a deck or stopping an anonymous and freaking them. I like that. But I cant. I will be so nervous which makes my tricks not that effective. But when I start performing. I performe a tricks , think for the next tricks for a long time and perform the next effect after a long break, this makes the ppl loss interest in viewing my magic. As far as I know I should plan the effect and must perform them in a smooth flow without any breaks and all.
Back to top Go down
http://psytrick.co.cc
VOID
Legendry
Legendry

Male

PostSubject: Re: What type of Magician are you?   What type of Magician are you? EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 11:20 am

You need to popularize yourself sundeep! Let people know that you are a magician.
Back to top Go down
sundeep
Legendry
Legendry
sundeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: What type of Magician are you?   What type of Magician are you? EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 3:07 am

Why???? I just perform magic for entertainment not for special honor and all. And also my mother dont like me performing magic. Sad
Back to top Go down
VOID
Legendry
Legendry

Male

PostSubject: Re: What type of Magician are you?   What type of Magician are you? EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 11:23 am

I don't want to sound like I'm against your mother, but it's your life and hobby Sundeep.
Back to top Go down
sundeep
Legendry
Legendry
sundeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: What type of Magician are you?   What type of Magician are you? EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 12:51 am

Yeah, she believes that cards bring bad luck to us. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What type of Magician are you?   What type of Magician are you? Empty

Back to top Go down

What type of Magician are you?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Talk-
Jump to: