Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What got you hooked onto magic???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim
Rocking Member
Rocking Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-03-02

What got you hooked onto magic??? Empty
PostSubject: What got you hooked onto magic???   What got you hooked onto magic??? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:54 pm

I am sorry, but I have to admit the site is dieing currently, I think less people are active, and not many people are posting, and yes, this may partially be some of my fault. So I thought I would make a thread, and maybe some more.
I normally post this thread in most forums I enter, so I hope you don't mind, but here it is.

"What got you first hooked onto magic (what trick etc.)" and "Why do
you choose to do magic?" Is it the fact that you get to act magical, or
entertain people or just love to see how its done?
My story goes like this:
I had always loved magic, I loved seeing people do card tricks and
loved watching David Blaine. But I wasn't hooked I loved to watch it,
but didn't really care about it. This was my life until 2 years ago
when a boy showed me a few cool tricks at school. He showed some tricks
that I find very basic now like the vanishing silk and the card through
window, but ever since he did the card through window I was hooked. So
after that at the end of the day I got home and downloaded my first
free eBook it was one of those one that stated to have " Every card
trick invented" with other 120 pages and some other eBooks that had
David Blaine revealed and stuff. When I first got my eBooks (off
limewire) I read them heaps of times and like spent 4 hours looking at
them a day after school. I then got more and more hooked and searched
and searched for magic. Most of my tricks now didn't have any
professional gimmicks and I was still using my paper cards that you get
on planes and stuff. I used my blu-tac for magician's wax and fishing
line for invisible thread which was not very effective.
I searched the web for magic forums and found heaps but none of them
really revealed tricks until I somehow stumbled upon LMT
(learnmagictricks.org). Now sites like LMT and here have kinda helped
me the most, without them I would be screwed when it comes to magic.

Well that is my topic.
Thanks for reading it I guess

Tim
Back to top Go down
sundeep
Legendry
Legendry
sundeep

Male
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Performing MAGIC
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: What got you hooked onto magic???   What got you hooked onto magic??? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 10:28 pm

Hey! dude. You read my mind. I thought of making a thread on this. Thanx for making this. This is my story......

I used to watch DB's magic. I never loved watching magics on stage and all. I love seeing DB going on to the streets and his effects were gr8. I loved him and was a big fan. I even spread this to my frnds too. Laughing Then, my first card trick was key card, where you peek at the bottom or top card and ask the spectator to pick, put it on top half a cut and find it. That was my first card trick, I learnt. My neibhour thought that trick to me. Whenever I see any pack of cards, I would try on the ppl. But I dont have much interest on magic at that time. When I was watching DB's TV specials, I first time got idea of learning some tricks. At that time, I searched for free magic tricks on google, I learnt some small card tricks from blifaloo, goodtrick.net and many more small written magic sites. I never know abt ellusionist, PM, T11, and even dont know abt them till now. Laughing Then when I was searching for magics, I got into lmt, the foundation of many present magicians. Then, I got into neo and exo, then into here, and then into MT. From then, my magical life began. I never used, IT or MW or any gimmicks. I mostly prefer impromptu tricks and has ability to reveal some ungimmicked card tricks. And I also concentrate more card tricks, coz There are more variations than in any other cateory, in card tricks. I want to get into mentalism, but I dont know how to start.. Laughing

And Tim how to vanish a silk???? Using thumbtip???? I dont have a thumbtip.
Back to top Go down
http://psytrick.co.cc
Tim
Rocking Member
Rocking Member

PostSubject: Re: What got you hooked onto magic???   What got you hooked onto magic??? EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 2:23 pm

To vanish a silk the normal way is with a thumb tip, and I think thumb tips are kinda impossible to make.
I think using a thumb tip is the most popular way, but I am sure you could vanish it with a sleeve or something, or like one of those cigarrette vanishes with that elastic string thingy.

And by the way, I think that trick where you peak at the bottom card was one of the first tricks I learnt, wow!
Back to top Go down
sundeep
Legendry
Legendry
sundeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: What got you hooked onto magic???   What got you hooked onto magic??? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 3:06 am

hey! No.
Peek at the bottom card, ask the spectator to select a card put it on top. Give it a cut. and the selected card is just before the bottom card when you spread them.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Rocking Member
Rocking Member

PostSubject: Re: What got you hooked onto magic???   What got you hooked onto magic??? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 10:00 am

Yea, well actually I remember I learnt a card trick when I was younger when I wasn't even into magic, it is that trick where the spec chooses a card, and they put it back, and then there card is facing a different way to the rest of the deck.
Back to top Go down
sundeep
Legendry
Legendry
sundeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: What got you hooked onto magic???   What got you hooked onto magic??? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:55 am

Do you mean, Where the inserts his card into the deck and when seen it turns face up?? That is one of my fav. card trick, which involves not much slieghts. I was amazed when seen a video on lmt. for the first time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What got you hooked onto magic???   What got you hooked onto magic??? Empty

Back to top Go down

What got you hooked onto magic???
Page 1 of 1